|VIDEO GRAND ROUNDS|
|ETHICS: Human Trafficking - Identifying Victims of Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking|
|Dr. Sophia Grant addresses the problem of domestic minor sex trafficking in the United States, Texas and the DFW area. |
Click on the following link to view the Video Grand Rounds presentation:
- Define the scope of the problem of domestic minor sex trafficking.
- Discuss the need for training in healthcare to recognize and treat the sex trafficking patient.
- Describe the barriers to recognize patients presenting in the healthcare setting.
- List the questions to ask and the characteristics to look for in a sex trafficking patient.
- Identify the health concerns and treatment needs of a sex trafficking patient.
Human Trafficking - Identifying Victims of Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking
|Audience: Physicians, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, Healthcare Professionals|
|Release Date: Tuesday, March 05, 2013|
|Retire Date: Saturday, March 05, 2016|
|Sophia Grant, MD|
Cook Children’s CARE Team
|CME Enduring w Ethics|
Cook Children's Medical Center is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Cook Children's designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Cook Children's Medical Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 hours in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
Cook Children’s is approved as a provider of continuing education for Social Workers by the Texas Board of Social Work Examiners (Provider # 5164). This activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 Social Worker contact hours.
For any questions, please call Education at 682-885-4170.