|VIDEO GRAND ROUNDS|
|ETHICS: Abusive Head Trauma Recognition and Prevention in the Clinical Setting|
|Jamye Coffman, MD, Donna Wright, RN, MSN,CPNP-PC, and Lorie Palacios, LBSW address Shaken Baby Syndrome and the Period of Purple Crying.|
- Describe the background of abusive head trauma or Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Explain the pathology of abusive head trauma or Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of abusive head trauma or Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Describe the Period of Purple Crying
- Discuss implementing procedures to educate parents during infant clinic checks about the Period of Purple Crying
If you want CME credit for this course, you will take a pre-test before viewing the video. View instructions and link to video.
|Audience: Physicians, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Healthcare Professionals|
|Release Date: Tuesday, November 08, 2011|
|Retire Date: Saturday, November 08, 2014|
|Donna Wright, RN, MSN, CPNP-PC, CA/CP, SANE|
Cook Children's Medical Center
Fort Worth, TX
|CME Enduring w Ethics|
Cook Children's Medical Center is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Cook Children's designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Cook Children's Medical Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 hours in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
Cook Children’s is approved as a provider of continuing education for Social Workers by the Texas Board of Social Work Examiners (Provider # 5164). This activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 Social Worker contact hours.
For any questions, please call Education at 682-885-4170.