|VIDEO GRAND ROUNDS|
|Information Only: Effective Teamwork and Communication|
Dr. Michael Leonard from Pascal Metrics in Washington, DC, addresses the human factor and critical importance of effective teamwork and communication in delivering safe care.
- Discuss the importance of effective leadership behaviors within an organization to improve safety culture and drive improvement
- Explain the value of structured communication to enhance effective communication and reduce clinical risk
- Describe the critical importance of Assertion/Critical Language, so providers can speak up reliably when they perceive risk to a patient
- Explain why psychological safety, the ability to voice a concern every time is essential for organizational excellence and providing safe care
- Discuss the inherent limitations of human performance and the value of reliable systems to help ensure safe care
- Discuss the inherent clinical value of having a structured and consistent approach to the interpretation of clinical information and responding to such
|Audience: Physicians, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Physician Assistants, Healthcare Professionals|
|Release Date: Thursday, January 06, 2011|
|Retire Date: Saturday, January 11, 2014|
|Michael Leonard, MD|
For any questions, please call Education at 682-885-4170.